There is a profound gift in the natural seasonal changes that occur four times a year. With each seasonal shift, Nature provides us with opportunities for moving toward new beginnings. But, as always in life, we have a choice:
One choice: Continue in the default mode of doing things in the same old way – maybe even a bit fearful of change.
A better choice: We can leverage and embrace the transition.
During previous months, I have been immersed in my Trust Your Life program. Together with my incredible “trust tribe” participants, we have been exploring the power of trust to ignite and insure a fulfilled life. We are a committed group of adventurers in the zip code of conscious creation anchoring the confident ability to know ourselves more fully, to realize treasured dreams and, most importantly, to have a lot of fun.
Just this last week, as the trust tribe delved into the topic of “staying the course and enjoying our life journey”, we collectively came up with quite a few perspectives and strategies for creating a smooth, productive and ultimately successful transition into the Fall season. Here are just a few of those ideas:
- Show up! You can’t even take advantage of new beginnings if you don’t join the party and show up for yourself. Showing up for yourself means getting clear about who you truly are and what you really, really want. More specifically, showing up for yourself means being willing to embody and live the principles and tools of a new perspective or endeavor. We have learned in the Trust Your Life experience that it is not enough to just have an intellectual understanding of life enhancing practices and principles…it is a bold call to action to actually implement them.
- Take advantage of all the support available to you. Support is vital. As my colleague and fellow coach Elyse Killoran says, "you can't cut your own hair." Connect with the vast energy of Universe in fresh ways that you trust (I do this daily). Rest in the support of family, friends, counselors and communities (such as the Trust Tribe community that I know has my back). The bottom line here is that we are not meant to be lone rangers in the human condition. Also when two or more come together for co-creation and collaboration, you amp the energy of what’s possible.
- Self care almost has to be priority 1, 2 and maybe 3 for daily consideration. The truth of this realization has been BIG for the trust tribe. Loving self care provides the juice -- the bandwidth for sustaining creativity, productivity and our life force energy in order to “be, do and have” what we most want.
- Do the inner work and energetically align with what you want to create. A real disconnect occurs between affirming what you want and it actually showing up in your life when you are simultaneously running stories of negativity, judgment, lack or limitation. But there’s good news. There are a banquet of tools and inspirational materials designed to help us release the ways we consciously or even unconsciously sabotage manifesting our dreams. These tools can spark creativity, evoke inspired action, shift challenging situations, and move us beyond any scary stories that we tell ourselves about not being enough or worthy of what we envision for our lives. As they say in twelve step programs, it works if you work it. So once again it’s about putting the emphasis on practicing these transformational tools. If you are still putting your trust only in external solutions you are missing the “conscious creation” boat. It truly is an inside job. More good news is that when you come from the inside => out, creating what you want is balanced, elegant, practical and effective.
- Clearing cluttering your physical space and your mental / emotional space creates incredible possibilities for clarity of vision, expansive creativity and getting so much done. In fact, it is not overstating it to say…clear your clutter, change your life. (See more about how I can support you with clutter clearing below.)
- Honor and celebrate what you have accomplished. Feel the gratitude for what’s worked in your life. Energy follows focus. When you bring delighted, thankful focus to what’s working in your life, you are assured to get more of what’s working.
As I said, these are just a few of our ideas for embracing transition. For the trust tribe, implementing these strategies has meant such dreams-come-true as career clarity, debt elimination, healing of long-standing negative family patterns and improved health & wellbeing. Most importantly for all of us it has meant saying “yes” to a life that works on all levels.
So what are your strategies for a transformational transition? I encourage you to try out what the trust tribe has suggested, add your own insights and make them come alive in your life. There is nothing to lose but missed possibilities and everything to gain in terms of a life lived full out !!